Smart Mirror I will make a mirror that can properly show the weather, time, and other information. It will also work as a functional mirror.
|Engineer||School||Area of Interest||Grade|
|Winferd||Current Lynbrook High School||Coding||Rising Junior|
My final milestone was to complete the frame and screw everything in
My second milestone was to complete the frame of the mirror and be able to slide my computer monitor in and out. I measured the dimensions of the monitor and cut wood to build a frame. I then screwed it together and glued the front parts on. I also stained the wood and let it dry. I enjoyed building the frame and putting the screws into the frame. I also enjoyed staining the wood. One part that was difficult was measuring the wood and planning out the frame, which resulted in me messing up the first time and redoing the frame.
Hi, my name is Winferd Wei. I go to Lynbrook High School and I am a rising junior. For Milestone 1, I needed to set up all the software for the Magic Mirror and make sure everything was working. First, I had to download Node.js and then downloaded the Magic Mirror repository. Once I installed everything, I downloaded a few extra modules and tested it out. A challenging part was navigating Finder to find my files, since the magic mirror folder wasn’t appearing. In order to work around this problem, I learned how to access files using the terminal and how to edit them using sudo nano. One part I enjoyed was testing the code and watching it work.
My project name was TV B Gone. TV B Gone was for turning off tv’s and was whats called a universal remote. There is a button where I click the on and off button and a green LED next to it. There’s also a microcontroller and an 8-pin socket. There are also capacitors, oscillators, and resistors. In the front is 4 LED’s. There’s also 5 transistors and a battery holder on the bottom. I enjoyed putting all the pieces in and soldering. It was also fun to test the TV remote and watch it work. My least favorite parts were when I had to suction up and resolder because I didn’t properly solder. I also struggled with making the TV work at first, as my soldering wasn’t very good and I spent multiple days on it.